Friday 10 July 2009

At the end of a long night...

"I'm glad that nothing has been left unsaid" she said. Her voice reverberating seemingly around the room, causing my head to spin with a 'boom tic boom tic boom tic boom' motion, oh the commotion as loud as the tide of any ocean as her words defiantly bounced off of all of the words left unsaid in my head. Unaware and unwounded, she fled as fast as any notion of 'us' that I had held a tight grip of in my head.
The vanishing.
I take heed of my possesions. I count the change in my pocket and question what I am holding a tight grip on now. A bar rail. Alone with just my words and my friends, I raise a whiskey and a subsequent beer to the beautiful flowers that will only ever inevitably wilt. I lower my voice, almost mute, until I lower my head. I tilt and I tipple. What was once a wave; my emotions have been reduced to a ripple. I catch the eye of a potential second best, as I forget your name, I ask her to name her poison. My venom transcends: "..oh, honey. Will you help me pick up the change?" I will say. Less of a question, more of a rehearsed phrase. By morning, I'll have had it my own way, I'll have told her all about you.

No comments: