Tuesday 30 September 2008

"If you don't love me, I'm sorry...

I'm alive, but a different kind of alive than the way I used to be..."

Heaven forbid I should miss your company calling. Saying, simply; it's been a while since I've known disrespect...or your blood shot eyes, the map of your hold steady palm --- your frame blowing, brisk and shaking in the wind -- I question if your skin and bones have been out all night. You approach with a certain sadness in your eye and from this familiar sight alone I can tell you've been sleeping with the stars again tonight.

I can see you from a window, looking at another window, I am distracted by your display only until a buzzer sounds and I am confronted by an unexpected but familiar voice.
Calm down, I repeat to both parties, you didn't wake me; come up.

Keeping out of sight of the precession of shallow minds is essential as a fleeting glance goes a long way in a city built on insecurity at this time of night.

We could be crazy, they'll pay for their mistakes, surely...and maybe we won't feel so lost quite so quickly...so quiet, so quick, we've reach an understanding.
The wick didn't fall quite so quickly once removed from the bad tempered weather.
Let's stay inside, tonight, where a flame burns bright and all the while, we're still standing together; you no longer hold me...unlike you, I'm no longer sleeping alone.

No comments: