Friday 5 June 2009

Your heart will break all over again; after enough time passes.

We fell quiet and fast, together, I tried hard not to allow my conscience to wander but never the less I was falling apart and although you were strong and silent, you must have understood...so much so that you could no longer hold on to the good times alone.
These are the new good times, I had proclaimed so bold, but they resembled firecrackers and either you could read my mind or trace it's reflection in my blood shattered eyes because you knew just about everything I could never have told you about how I'd been carelessly burning them up. How exactly is it that you foresaw our demise?
Stuck in the hurt of a new home, all family lost, alone. I would have liked to have given you everything that they'd taken from me, if I could take it all back, reclaim it perhaps.
Girl, has the wind up bird forgotten to wind your spring? Come summer, the previous season's romance will be a thing of the past.

No comments: