Monday 17 May 2010

Finally, I confess.

I am what you see, I am not what they say. Conflicted thoughts, a bottle of wine, an unstable mind but pure of heart, I keep a bottle of whiskey close. A stiff drink and an unsteady hand. When I loved you, I loved you absolutely. I loved you the most. You broke my heart the day you said you loved me but that we couldn't simply be, together, instead you walked away. Working hard has made a man out of me. I am now complete. In years to come, soon enough, I will love another and I will forget about you. And then I will sing this song again: one more drink tonight, and then I will rest. You once held the reins, and you made me a mess. For all the speed and the strength that I gave, it was never enough. I was condemned a non runner. Birdie, there was so much more inside of me. Finally, I confess, I must rest. A black moon rising. I settle with the setting sun. I shut my eyes with the closing of the day. You'll never hear me talk about one day getting out, I wish to remain forever in love and alive. Life is the hardest drug, it just lasts and it lasts. Tomorrow is as they say just another day. God bless our broken hearts. Hold fast. We're okay. We're just a little tired.

No comments: