Wednesday 19 May 2010

The old flame; ignition.

Let's set fire to a small flame, ignition sparks cognition, ambition is affluent tonight as we alight our lifestyle obsessions and play down our possessions. We need nothing more than each other under these street lights. Let's set fire to an old flame, that burns in your chest, it came to rest with every broken heart but it never was extinguished by past lovers' distinguished mistakes. As you held your head higher. As you looked up from the sidewalk. I caught your eye. I looked up into the night sky. You are the only one I choose to imitate. I am competent in reconnaissance and I can read the fire inside of you, I wish not to fight it but further ignite it. I wish to take you by the hand tonight, and lead you home, I wish to leave you at your door and carry myself further alone only to dream of a future by which you stand by my side in the daylight, twilight, pitch black. This is all that we have. This is the 'it' that you have been looking for. Take hold. Hold fast. Yes, we are carrying the fire and it is killing us but I will follow you into the dark.

No comments: