Friday 7 May 2010

One look at you and heaven was on fire.

Beauty and truth. In another life, perhaps, bluebells and lavender. I recall the scent of summer. Together. In another life, perhaps. We could have been together. Happiness swells, it stirs and it shallows. The drugs don't work and then the drugs fucking work. In another life, perhaps. I will swallow no more drugs. In this life I get so low I need a little pick me up. In this life I get so high I need a bring me down. In another life, I suppose. We will be together. In perfect harmony. Today's frown turns around as I recall the triumph of our tired eyes last night, we left half a bottle of wine to spoil and I fell back in love with you. In this life, I don't want to be found. In this life I want to love and be loved by you and you alone. In this life you are a recurrent dream. In this life you both pick me up and bring me down.

No comments: