Thursday 27 May 2010

Human frailties, a feast.

Oh, my instincts have failed me. Finally I fell under a deep sleep, exhausted in the shade of a tree. In my defense, I was motionless, I was watching for some sign of rain. A cloudless sky over dessert terrain. As the hours past. As the sun shifted. The shade rolled right off of me. As she approaches I am dreaming of them with their kill, her pride, tearing it all apart, blood dripping, teeth sinking into heart and hide when I awoke with the shrill and excitement of adrenalin and pain. It was fight of flight. I was frightened. Exposed. Stupid. Ugly. Alone. I must have discovered my wounds just in time but there is also the urge to just take the fangs to the neck, to allow a well executed crime to take over, give under the weight of a death roll, feel the euthanizing take place and just let the eyes roll groggily back. Lie there as she feeds, watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed onto death in her well constructed trap. Where I guess you found me. Wounded. In need of some peace of mind. And for those of us falling in love who keep one eye open at night: if you're living you don't stand a chance, for a time, though you share the same bed but there are only two ends to this dance. I want to feel my heart break if it must break in your jaws. Whether you save me, romance. Whether you savage me, romance. You can't get here fast enough. I want my last look to be the moon in your eyes. Whether you save me, romance. Whether you savage me, romance. You can't get here fast enough.

1 comment:

Toni said...

This is really beautiful >.<